Int/Adv Aerial Silks Retreat
Vertical Theory, Skills, Technique
Puerto Escondido, Mexico
Limited to 10 participants
w guest teacher Jenn Bruyer
November 11-18, 2019
a WEEK in PARADISE at this Aerial Silks Retreat with new friends, the beach, delicious, fresh, local food, and loads of Aerial Silks and some rope too.
Aerial Silks Retreat is for aerial students at the intermediate/advanced level of aerial training. Daily classes will be focused on vertical theory, double and single ‘pole’ technique/skills, sequencing, and stretching. We will teach skills and technique stressing how to use the body most efficiently, and how to train in a way that gives you the results you want. We will get juicy and flexible, and do some handstands too! It will be super fun!
This Aerial Silks Retreat will have 2 daily classes – Morning class will be aerial skills and stretching with focus on how to use your body most efficiently. Afternoon classes will be creative sequencing, floor work, and working with music. The rest of our time can be spent eating amazing, healthy food, swimming in the warm ocean, reading in hammocks, and breathing the tropical air. There will be time to explore local markets and beaches as well as the local night life. At the end of the week, we will have a performance / party for everyone to celebrate.
Intermediate/Advanced Level WELCOME!
Aerial students at the intermediate/advanced levels are welcome on this Aerial Silks Retreat. Minimum 3 consistent years of training is required. You also have the desire to move, play, breathe, feel, stretch, and express. This is where you are invited to shine and be yourself!
Sample of daily schedule
(choose as many or few classes/activities as you like)
8-9:30am Coffee, Tea and Breakfast
9:30am-12pm Vertical Technique, Skills, and Stretching
1-3:30pm Pool-time, lounging, tanning, relaxing
4-6pm Creative Sequencing and Floor Work
6-7pm Beach Play and Sunset
8-10pm Evening Activities
We will take you to our favorite beaches for swimming, surfing, snorkeling, and releasing baby turtles into the sea. Also we have evening adventures to a phosphorescence lagoon and local night market. There are bars and discos for you night owls.
Our teacher is a master of the silks! She will give you the challenges that you want and need. This retreat is limited to 10 participants, so sign up now.
Aerial Silks and Rope Skills & Technique
Space is limited, so sign up now!
November 11-18, 2019
About our coach, Jenn Bruyer
Jenn has been immersed in aerial arts since 2008. She is driven by her focus on fabric (silks) and sling (hammock) but also enjoys exploring cord lisse, cloud swing, trapeze, lyra, net and rope & harness. She has coached, choreographed and performed across the US from New York to Alaska. And has recently resettled in Seattle, WA after completing a 5 month 25 city workshop tour.
As an Aerial Coach, she seeks to provide the highest quality progressive instruction to aerialists of all abilities from novice to professional performer. Her mission as a human is to cultivate a warm, non-judgmental learning environment that fosters community, to build personal physical and emotional strength within the individuals who participate in this environment and methodically construct a vehicle by which to create art. Check out Jenn’s website here and instagram page here.
Rates for Aerial Silks Retreat
Rates are listed in USD. A $500 deposit is required to save your spot.
|Room||Early Bird Price|
until June 1, 2019
|Dorm (up to 4 people)||$1800||$2100|
|Single Occupancy w shared bathroom||$2000||$2300|
|Single Occupancy w private bathroom||$2100||$2400|
Rates refer to cost of one person’s tuition.
Couples/SO’s are welcome at an additional price.
Prices for Aerial Silks Retreat include:
- Ground transportation to/from the Puerto Escondido Airport (PXM) to our accommodations*
- Accommodations for the duration of the retreat
- Daily meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner, & snacks/smoothies!
- 1 Dinner out at our favorite local restaurant
- 2 Daily classes (4-5 hours total/day)
- 2 Photo shoots – Beach and Aerial
- Evening Activities
- Day trip to a local beach, turtle release, dinner out, and night market!
- 24 hour use of Swimming Pool, wi-fi, and Community Space
- End of the week Party / Performance
- Impromptu dance parties, pool parties, sunset cocktails (21+), and hanging out with new friends.
- Homemade chocolates, popsicles, and other treats
Links for more information:
- Accommodations – room descriptions
- Meals and Food
- How to get here. Info and advice on booking your travel
Looking for a discount?
- Like us on Facebook to hear about our daily deals.
- Sign up early to get the Early Bird Discount
- Sign up with a friend and get a $100 referral discount. (You get $100 discount for each person you refer to any of our focused retreats. No limits!)
- Email us at SweetRetreatsdr@gmail.com to ask us about our weekly deals.
- Sign up on our mailing list to find out about more discounts.
Questions? Email us at SweetRetreatsDR@gmail.com.