Aerial Sling Retreat
with Jenn Bruyer
Puerto Escondido, Mexico
March 23-30, 2019
Only 1 spot left!
Aerial Sling Retreat is limited to 10 participants.
a WEEK in beautiful Mexico in this Aerial Sling Retreat with new friends, the beach, delicious, fresh, local food, and loads of fun with the amazing Jenn Bruyer!
Live the Hammock Life in Paradise! Sling is our absolute favorite! It’s the perfect mix of seamless dancelike connection and dynamic freedom. While it uses techniques and gathers inspiration from fabric, lyra or trapeze, it allows for concepts that are not possible on any other apparatus, giving it a vocabulary and movement style all its own.
Master Aerialist Jenn Bruyer, will share her wisdom and secrets in all things aerial sling!
This Aerial Sling Retreat will have 2 daily classes – morning class will be learning various skills, applications, creative exercises and have the time to truly connect with the work and explore in a guided setting. After a much deserved break, we will return to expand on this work with a focus on creating a greater economy of movement, improving and personalizing movement quality and finally we will condition our [minds and bodies] to be both strong and flexible.
The rest of our time can be spent eating amazing, healthy food, swimming in the warm ocean, reading in hammocks, and breathing the tropical air. There will be time to explore local markets and beaches as well as the local night life. At the end of the week, we will have a performance / party for everyone to celebrate.
All Levels WELCOME!
All levels are welcome on this Aerial Sling Retreat. You also have the desire to move, play, breathe, feel, stretch, and express. This is where you are invited to shine and be yourself!
This immersive week will be a one stop shop for all things Sling related! We will cover: skills, transitions, choreography, sling theory, movement quality, various set ups and heights to work at as well as specific aerial technique, conditioning, mobility and flexibility work for this apparatus.
This week is appropriate for aerialists who want to explore a more in depth understanding of various applications and styles of sling work.
Prerequisites for Aerial Sling Retreat:
- While vast experience on this apparatus is not required, some experience is recommended as is an intermediate experience level on either: Fabric, Lyra, Trapeze or Sling as well as a strong desire to focus and delve in deeply to this incredibly versatile aerial apparatus.
- at least two years of aerial study in some form (or instructor approval)
- ability to be in the air for at least two minutes
- ability to invert easily in the sling from straddle back and standing.
Sample of daily schedule
(choose as many or few classes/activities as you like)
8-9:30am Coffee, Tea and Breakfast
9am-12pm Aerial Sling Technique, Skills, and Stretching
1-3:30pm Pool-time, lounging, tanning, relaxing
4-5:30pm Circus/Sling skills and play!
6-7pm Beach Play and Sunset
8-10pm Evening Activities
In the afternoons, we will take you to a few of our favorite beaches for swimming, snorkeling surfing, and releasing baby turtles into the sea!
Delicious and Healthy Meals
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is included on most days of the retreat. The food will be grounding, nourishing and amazing! Our meal master, “Skillet,” presents simple, healthy and delicious meals made with fresh, local ingredients. Most meals include eggs, chicken and/or fish, and vegetarian/vegan options are always available. We can accommodate most special dietary needs.
After dinner we will offer evening activities from partner massage and sharing to an optional adventure to the Phosphorescence Lagoon. There are also plenty of local night markets and discos for you night owls.
Aerial Sling Retreat will be held at the Monkey House community complex a short walk from the beach. In addition to clean and safe accommodations, there is a swimming pool, an ocean view palapa practice space, the Monkey House Gym for aerial & acrobatics training, lots of grass and hammocks for relaxing between classes, and our Monkey House Kitchen and hang out space. It is awesome! Click here for details about the rooms.
Just outside our living/training complex there are cafes, shops, and local markets to explore. The neighborhood, called La Punta, is small, quiet, and full of friendly people. Surf lessons are available in La Punta. Just a mile down the beach is Playa Zicatela where you can find bars, restaurants, discos, nightlife, and plenty of surf shops to buy Mexican trinkets, beach garb, and anything else you might need. Puerto Escondido is a safe and welcoming town. For information about weather in Puerto Escondido, click here.
For information about booking your travel to Puerto Escondido, click here.
We have limited space, so sign up now!
Classes may include:
hammock specific skills and progression (including: wraps, beats, poses, rolls, drops, climbs, shapes, dives)
sequences and transitions
conditioning and flexibility
puzzles and games
obscure items of aerial interest
Space is limited, so sign up now! See Below!
About our coach, Jenn Bruyer
Jenn has been immersed in aerial arts since 2008. She is driven by her focus on fabric (silks) and sling (hammock) but also enjoys exploring cord lisse, cloud swing, trapeze, lyra, net and rope & harness. She has coached, choreographed and performed across the US from New York to Alaska. And has recently resettled in Seattle, WA after completing a 5 month 25 city workshop tour.
As an Aerial Coach, she seeks to provide the highest quality progressive instruction to aerialists of all abilities from novice to professional performer. Her mission as a human is to cultivate a warm, non-judgmental learning environment that fosters community, to build personal physical and emotional strength within the individuals who participate in this environment and methodically construct a vehicle by which to create art. Check out Jenn’s website here and instagram page here.
Rates for Aerial Sling Retreat
Click here for descriptions of each room.
Only 1 spot left!
Rates are listed in USD.
The following early bird rates will increase by $300 after October 1, 2018.
– Double Occupancy $1800
– Single Occupancy w private bathroom $2100 Franco 3
– Single Occupancy w shared bathroom $2000 Franco 4
– Tiny room w single bed and shared bathroom (person in Franco 3 walks through your room to get to shared bathroom) $1600
– Double/Triple Occupancy $1800
– Double Occupancy $1800
– Single Occupancy w private bathroom $2100
Rates refer to cost of one person’s tuition.
Couples/SO’s are welcome at an additional price.
Prices for Aerial Sling Retreat include:
- Accommodations for the duration of the retreat
- Daily meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner, & snacks/smoothies!*
- Travel between Puerto Escondido Airport and our accommodations*
- 2 Daily classes (4-5 hours total/day)
- Evening Activities
- 24 hour use of Swimming Pool, wi-fi, and Community Space
How to Register for Aerial Sling Retreat
- Fill out this Registration Form.
- Pay your tuition. Once you fill out the registration form, you will receive an email with payment information. You must pay a $500 deposit to secure your spot. Full payment is due by October 1, 2018.
- Do not book travel yet. Once we confirm your registration, we will send you information about booking travel.
- Get excited! This is going to be amazing
Looking for a discount?
- Like us on Facebook to hear about our daily deals.
- Sign up early to get the Early Bird Discount
- Sign up with a friend and get a $100 referral discount. (You get $100 discount for each person you refer to any of our focused retreats. No limits!)
- Email us at SweetRetreatsdr@gmail.com to ask us about our weekly deals.
- Sign up on our mailing list to find out about more discounts.
Questions? Email us at SweetRetreatsDR@gmail.com.