Aerial Yoga Teacher Training
Level 1 + 2
with Lindsay Nova
December 9-19, 2019
Puerto Escondido, Mexico
Aerial Yoga Teacher Training
Limited to 10 participants
a WEEK in PARADISE at this Aerial Yoga Teacher Training with new friends, the beach, delicious, fresh, local food, and loads of Aerial Hammock.
Aerial Yoga Teacher Training! Learn to fly and teach aerial yoga in beautiful paradise next to an amazing surf beach! Take flight into new realms of possibility in your body and mind through the practice of aerial yoga in our intimate, small-group healing environment. You will learn basic inversions and how to spot them in classes. Aerial yoga is a form of inversion therapy which helps decompress the spine. It’s also an all-natural mood booster! Not to mention, you can become strong just like someone who trains in the circus. Our training also has a focus on safety and proper rigging, which is essential when teaching aerial yoga! Stretch deeper into yoga poses through the use of the yoga hammock and natural gravity. It is a fun and playful practice, sure to leave you energized and feeling good.
What you will gain from this course
Aerial Yoga Teacher Training will give you a new pathway for your career as a health and wellness practitioner as well as:
- A deeper understanding of your body and how you can use that to help others
- How to sequence, teach, and spot a safe aerial yoga class
- How to properly rig an aerial hammock
- Therapeutic benefits of aerial yoga
- 75 Hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credit
- Level 1 and 2 digital manual with 150+ aerial yoga postures and moves
- 4 aerial yoga sequences including beginner, advanced, restorative, and chakra sequence
- Business marketing strategy for the aerial yoga teacher
- How to teach and spot safely
- Anatomy and Sequencing
- Yoga philosophy to bring everything back to teaching aerial yoga as a form of yoga
- How to rig an aerial yoga hammock
- How to utilize social media to leverage your business as an aerial yoga instructor
We will cover the Level 1 curriculum in the first 5 days, which will include many basic asana using the hammock in on the ground as well as basic fun inversions. The Level 2 curriculum will advance to standing postures inside the hammock as well as more advanced transitions and a restorative practice. Evening workshops in partner aerial, inversions, and restorative practices will complement the daily morning classes and be tons of fun! We will take 1 day off mid-week for an excursion, to rest our bodies, and enjoy the surrounding area of Puerto Escondido.
Lindsay Nova will share her mastery in this comprehensive program.
200-hour yoga teaching certificate preferred but not required. Experience in yoga, aerial, or fitness is beneficial.
This retreat is limited to 10 participants, so sign up now.
Sample of daily schedule
8-9:30am Aerial Yoga Class
9:30am-11am Breakfast/Free Time
11am-1pm Aerial Posture Lab 1
1-3pm Lunch/Free Time
3-4:30pm Teaching Practice
5:30-7pm Partner Aerial Yoga Class
We will also take you to a few of our favorite beaches for swimming, snorkeling surfing, and releasing baby turtles into the sea!
Delicious and Healthy Meals
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is included on most days of the retreat. The food will be grounding, nourishing and amazing! Our meal master, “Skillet,” presents simple, healthy and delicious meals made with fresh, local ingredients. Most meals include eggs, chicken and/or fish, and vegetarian/vegan options are always available. We can accommodate most special dietary needs.
After dinner we will offer evening activities including an optional adventure to the bioluminescence lagoon and a trip to the local night market.
Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Retreat will be held at the Monkey House community complex a short walk from the beach. In addition to clean and safe accommodations, there is a swimming pool, an ocean view palapa practice space, the Monkey House Gym for aerial & acrobatics training, lots of grass and hammocks for relaxing between classes, and our Monkey House Kitchen and hang out space. It is awesome! Click here for details about the rooms.
Just outside our living/training complex there are cafes, shops, and local markets to explore. The neighborhood, called La Punta, is small, quiet, and full of friendly people. Surf lessons are available in La Punta. Just a mile down the beach is Playa Zicatela where you can find bars, restaurants, discos, nightlife, and plenty of surf shops to buy Mexican trinkets, beach garb, and anything else you might need. Puerto Escondido is a safe and welcoming town. For information about weather in Puerto Escondido, click here.
For information about booking your travel to Puerto Escondido, click here.
We have limited space, so sign up now!
Class material will include:
Daily Aerial Yoga
Partner Aerial Yoga
Restorative Aerial Yoga
Flips + Tricks
Asana Lab for Level 1 + 2 curriculum
Space is limited, so sign up now!
About our teacher
Lindsay Nova often calls herself “a one-woman spiritual circus”. A sought-after yoga instructor and internationally acclaimed performance artist, she is a firm believer in the wisdom of the body, the strength of the heart, and the power of the breath. After studying yoga, dance, and movement arts around the world, she has dedicated her life to being a creative mind-body educator and multidimensional performance artist, inspiring and empowering others to take charge of their lives and live their own dreams.
Teaching yoga since 2008, Lindsay also holds a BFA in dance, choreography, and performance, in addition to certifications in Pilates and barre. She is a Reiki practitioner and regularly teaches yoga and aerial yoga teacher trainings worldwide. Her studies include Ashtanga, vinyasa, acro yoga, aerial yoga, yin and restorative yoga as well as most recently kundalini and Iyengar yoga in Dharamsala, India.
Lindsay’s teaching style is a fusion of contemporary movement with traditional wisdom, which always contains a spark of creativity (shakti!) with deep intention. She honors the body as a sacred vessel to explore this world with and uses her spiritual practice to help others and herself peel away the layers of their being to understand their own personal power and role in life, or dharma. She bows deeply to all of her teachers for the wisdom and inspiration they have passed on to her, which she continues to ignite in others.
Lindsay has taught this course in Costa Rica, Thailand, India, and Sri Lanka as well as on 200-hour teacher trainings in Asia. Lindsay is excited to share her aerial yoga curriculum with you! This program is a culmination of her background in dance, yoga, and circus arts after teaching movement arts for the past 10 years. See more at LindsayNova.com.
Rates for Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Retreat
Click here for descriptions of each room.
Rates are listed in USD.
|Room||Early Bird Price|
until June 1, 2019
|Dorm (up to 4 people)||$2400||$2700|
|Double Occupancy PLUS||$2500||$2800|
|Single Occupancy w shared bathroom||$2600||$2900|
|Single Occupancy w private bathroom||$2800||$3100 |
Rates refer to cost of one person’s tuition.
Couples/SO’s are welcome at an additional price.
Prices for Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Retreat include:
- Accommodations for the duration of the retreat
- Daily meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner, & snacks*
- Travel between Puerto Escondido Airport and accommodations*
- All Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Classes
- Evening Activities
- 24 hour use of Swimming Pool, wi-fi, and Community Space
- End of the week celebration
How to Register for Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Retreat
December 9-19, 2019
- Fill out this Registration Form.
- Pay your tuition. Once you fill out the registration form, you will receive an email with payment information. You must pay a $500 deposit to secure your spot. Full payment is due by June 1, 2019.
- Once we confirm your reservation, you will be able to book your travel. Click here for tips for booking your flight.
Please fill out this itinerary form in order to secure your ground transportation.
- Get excited! This is going to be amazing!
We will do our best to accommodate all of your needs.
Looking for a discount?
- Like us on Facebook to hear about our daily deals.
- Sign up early to get the Early Bird Discount
- Sign up with a friend and get a $100 referral discount. (You get $100 discount for each person you refer to any of our retreats. No limits!)
- Email us at SweetRetreatsdr@gmail.com to ask us about our weekly deals.
- Sign up on our mailing list to find out about more discounts.
Questions? Email us at SweetRetreatsDR@gmail.com.