Yang & Yin Aerial Retreat
Yang by day, Yin by night
w guest teachers Jocelynn Rudig and kameko shibata
Puerto Escondido, Mexico
Jan 25-Feb 1, 2019
Early Bird Discount ENDS November 1
Sign up NOW!
Yan & Yin Aerial Retreat is limited to 10 participants.
a WEEK in PARADISE with new friends, the beach, delicious, fresh, local food, and loads of aerial fun, stretching, dancing, and self-care!
Yang by day, Yin by night. Train hard in the morning, get creative in the afternoon, and relax in the evening, all in the tropical paradise of Casa Chango, Puerto Escondido Mexico.
Jocelynn Rudig and Kameko Shibata are established International Aerial and Yoga teachers that focus on proper technique, alignment and efficient execution of Aerial movement. They bring an innovative and unique style to their classes, offering students new and progressive skills and sequences that may not be found at your home circus studio. These women are also highly proficient in the healing arts and want to share their tips and tricks so that all Aerialists are healthy, vibrant and active for many years to come!
There will be 2 daily classes on this Yang & Yin Aerial Retreat. Morning Yang class will kick your butt with 3 hours of all things aerial including Aerial Fabric, Lyra, Rope, and Trapeze (you can choose to stay on a specific apparatus if you want) . Our afternoon Yang/Yin sessions focus on technical sequencing, injury prevention, stretching, and play. One long, Yin afternoon we will indulge in Spa Treatments including Ayurvedic Healing, Massage, Restorative Stretching, and Flower Essences for Aerial Artists. In the evenings we have our total Yin chill out time. The rest of our time can be spent eating amazing, healthy food, swimming in the warm ocean, reading in hammocks, and breathing the tropical air. There will be time to explore local markets and beaches as well as the local night life. This is YOUR retreat!!!
All Levels WELCOME!
Get into your Primal Nature!
Intermediate/Advanced level aerialists are welcome on this Yang & Yin Aerial Retreat.
- Ability to remain on the air for at least 5 minutes
- Clean execution of a double star
- 5 clean straddle ups in the air
- Desire to move, play, breathe, feel, stretch, and go upside down.
This is where you are invited to shine and take great care of yourself!
Jocelynn and Kameko have been teaching and practicing for many years. They will give you the challenges that you want and need. This retreat is limited to 10 participants, so sign up now.
Sample of daily schedule
(choose as many or few classes/activities as you like)
8-9:30am Coffee, Tea and Breakfast
9:30-10:30am Circus Fitness and Conditioning Warm- Up
10:30am-12:30pm Yang Session- Rope, Aerial Fabric or Lyra Technique
1-3:30pm Pool-time, surfing, lounging, tanning, relaxing
4-6pm Yin Session- Restorative Yoga, Ayurveda, Injury Prevention, Self Massage or Flower Essences for Aerialists
6-7pm Beach Play and Sunset
On the day off, there will be an optional Yoga class and Open Gym/Skill Share time. We will also go to a local beach and release baby turtles.
Delicious and Healthy Meals
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is included on the retreat. The food will be grounding, nourishing and amazing! Our meal master, “Skillet,” presents simple, healthy and delicious meals made with fresh, local ingredients. Most meals include eggs, chicken and/or fish, and vegetarian/vegan options are always available. We can accommodate most special dietary needs.
After dinner we will offer evening activities from partner massage and sharing to an optional adventure to the Phosphorescence Lagoon. There are also plenty of local night markets and discos for you night owls.
Yan & Yin Aerial Retreat will be held at an amazing community complex a short walk from the beach. In addition to clean and safe accommodations, there is a swimming pool, an ocean view palapa practice space, lots of grass and hammocks for relaxing between classes, and an amazing ocean view area. It is awesome! Click here for details about the rooms.
Just outside our living/training complex there are cafes, shops, and local markets to explore. The neighborhood, called La Punta, is small, quiet, and full of friendly people. Surf lessons are available in La Punta. Just a mile down the beach is Playa Zicatela where you can find bars, restaurants, discos, nightlife, and plenty of surf shops to buy Mexican trinkets, beach garb, and anything else you might need. Puerto Escondido is a safe and welcoming town. For information about weather in Puerto Escondido, click here.
For information about booking your travel to Puerto Escondido, click here.
We have limited space, so sign up now!
Classes may include:
Flower Essences for Aerialists.
Space is limited, so sign up now!
Your instructor team!
Jocelynn Rudig is a certified Aerial Fabric, Aerial Yoga, Yoga and GYROKINESIS® Instructor. She has been teaching Aerial Arts for over 10 years. Jocelynn began her training at the San Francisco Circus Center and continues to train in Boulder, CO and around the world with fellow flyers. She has been performing Aerial Dance, Modern and Ballet for over 18 years, specializing in Aerial Fabric, Lyra, Dance Trapeze, Rope, Sling and Invented Apparatus. In San Francisco, she performed with Liss Fain Dance, Capacitor and Deborah Slater Dance Theater. Currently, she works in Boulder, CO with Frequent Flyers, Fractal Tribe and SpectrixX. Jocelynn teaches workshops across the nation in studios and at Aerial Dance Festivals. Internationally, she has taught in Central America, Mexico, Thailand, France and India. In addition to teaching and performing in the air, Jocelynn is a Clinical Herbalist and Wellness Consultant.
Kameko Shibata, a yogini Ayurvedic practitioner by day, is a fierce aerial performer by night. She brings her passion for human strength and grace into captivating performances that invite you to become radically present. She specializes in dynamic aerial rope, inspired by the simple and stark nature of the apparatus. Inspired by the natural world, live musical collaborations, social justice story telling, site specific work, invented apparatuses, and warm beverages of all kind she uses performance as a invitation for deeper engagement with ourselves, each other, environment and community.
Rates for Yang & Yin Aerial Retreat
Click here for descriptions of each room.
Best Bargain Baboon Rates
$500 Deposit is required to secure your spot. Prices increase by $300 after November 1, 2018.
– Double Occupancy $1800
– Single Occupancy w private bathroom $2100
– Single Occupancy w shared bathroom $2000
– For 1 person (tiny room-considered double occupancy-more details here) $1600
Eclipse 1 or 2
– Single Occupancy w shared bathroom $2000
Rates refer to cost of one person’s tuition.
Prices for our amazing Yang & Yin Aerial Retreat include:
- Accommodations for the duration of the retreat
- Daily meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner, & snacks/smoothies!*
- Travel between Puerto Escondido Airport and our accommodations*
- 1 Dinner Out at our favorite restaurant.
- 2 Daily classes
- Afternoon excursions to local beaches
- 24 hour use of Swimming Pool, wi-fi, and Community Space
- Movie night! Watch a movie or circus videos in our paradise movie theater!
- Evening Activities
- Trip to the night market for all the best Mexican trinkets, clothes, and more
- Tour of our organic garden w Farmer Stu
- Impromptu dance parties, pool parties, sunset cocktails (21+), and hanging out with new friends.
- Homemade chocolates, popsicles, and other treats
How to Register for Yang & Yin Aerial Retreat
- Fill out this Registration Form.
- Pay your tuition. Once you fill out the registration form, you will receive an email with payment information. You must pay a $500 deposit to secure your spot. Full payment is due by December 15, 2018.
- Do not book travel yet. Once we confirm your registration, we will send you information about booking travel.
- Get excited! This is going to be amazing!
Looking for a discount?
- Like us on Facebook to hear about our daily deals.
- Sign up early to get the Early Bird Discount
- Sign up with a friend and get a $100 referral discount. (You get $100 discount for each person you refer to any of our focused retreats. No limits!)
- Email us at SweetRetreatsdr@gmail.com to ask us about our weekly deals.
- Sign up on our mailing list to find out about more discounts.
We will do our best to accommodate all of your needs. It is more than just a Yang & Yin Aerial Retreat! We hope you will feel at home with us and with yourself.
Questions about our aerial retreats? Email us at SweetRetreatsDR@gmail.com.