Skill Share Train-cation Retreat
…at the Beach
Aerial, Acrobatics, Play, Dance, Surf, Swim, Dork Out!
hosted by Casa Chango
Puerto Escondido, Mexico
a WEEK in PARADISE with friends, the beach, delicious, fresh, local food, and loads of Going Upside Down, Play, Dancing, Climbing, Stretching, Surfing, and FUN!
Circus Professionals Skill Share Train-cation Retreat is an invite only event for professionals in the circus field who want to have a retreat with other professionals who share the love of movement, play, dorking out, great food, and fun! There is also plenty of surf and swimming at the beach!!
Training space is available 24 hours a day on this Circus Professionals Skill Share Retreat. There are 2 training spaces- a full, open air gym with 6 aerial points and a smaller space for stretching, conditioning, and handstands practice. We offer suggested training schedules considering meal times and sunset, but participants can train when they want. The rest of your time can be spent eating amazing, healthy food, swimming and surfing in the warm ocean, reading in hammocks, and breathing the tropical air. There will be plenty of time to explore local markets and beaches, swim with dolphins, release baby turtles, and indulge in the local night life.
Best Train-cation ever!
This retreat is limited to 10 participants, so sign up now.
Suggested sample of daily schedule
(Mealtimes are set, and training is open to any time.)
10am-1pm Skill Share Play Time in the Gym
1-4pm Siesta!! pool, relaxing, adventures to local beaches, massage, or more training.
4-6pm More Skill Share and Play
6-7pm Beach Play and Sunset
8-11pm Evening Activities and/or more skill share time
You can go adventuring to other local beaches, swimming with dolphins, releasing sea turtles, shopping at local Mexican markets and dinner at some of our favorite restaurants. Everything is optional, and you can do as much or little as you want!
Delicious and Healthy Meals
Breakfast, lunch, and 3 dinners are included on the retreat. The food will be grounding, nourishing and amazing! Our meal master, “Skillet,” presents simple, healthy and delicious meals made with fresh, local ingredients. Most meals include eggs, chicken and/or fish, and vegetarian/vegan options are always available. We can accommodate most special dietary needs.
After dinner we will offer evening activities and an optional adventure to the Phosphorescence Lagoon. There are also plenty of local night markets and discos for you night owls.
Circus Professionals Skill Share Retreat will be held at an amazing community complex a short walk from the beach. In addition to clean and safe accommodations, there is a swimming pool, an ocean view palapa practice space, lots of grass and hammocks for relaxing between classes, and an amazing ocean view area. It is awesome! Click here for details about the rooms.
Just outside our living/training complex there are cafes, shops, and local markets to explore. The neighborhood, called La Punta, is small, quiet, and full of friendly people. Surf lessons are available in La Punta. Just a mile down the beach is Playa Zicatela where you can find bars, restaurants, discos, nightlife, and plenty of surf shops to buy Mexican trinkets, beach garb, and anything else you might need. Puerto Escondido is a safe and welcoming town. For information about weather in Puerto Escondido, click here.
For information about booking your travel to Puerto Escondido, click here.
We have limited space, so sign up now!
Open Air Yoga/Fitness Studio
Aerial Equipment (silks, lyras, trapeze, rope)
6 aerial points (21 feet high)
Sound system for music
Foam rollers, yoga mats, resistance bands, monkey bars, massage tools
Movie Projector for night time screenings
Swimming Pool, WiFi, Hammocks
Rates for Circus Professionals Skill Share Retreat
Click here for descriptions of each room.
$500 Deposit is required to secure your spot. Payment in full is due 1 month prior to event. Prices subject to change depending on season, number of participants, and availability.
- Dorm (up to 5 people) – $1200
- Double/Triple occupancy – $1300
- Single Occupancy w shared bathroom $1400
- Single Occupancy w private bathroom $1500
Rates refer to cost of one person’s tuition. Minimum of 6 people required to confirm the retreat.
Couples sharing a room get a discount.
Prices for our Circus Professionals Skill Share Retreat include:
- Accommodations for 7 nights
- Daily meals – breakfast, lunch, and 4 dinners!
- There are many affordable restaurants close by for the other 3 dinners.
- Travel between Puerto Escondido Airport and our accommodations*
- 24 hour use of both Gyms
- 24 hour use of Swimming Pool, wi-fi, and Community Space
- Movie night! Watch a movie or circus videos in our paradise movie theater!
- Trip to the night market for all the best Mexican trinkets, clothes, and more
- Tour of our organic garden w Farmer Stu
- Impromptu dance parties, pool parties, sunset cocktails (21+), and hanging out with new friends.
- Homemade chocolates, popsicles, ice coffee/tea, and other treats
How to Register for Circus Professionals Skill Share Retreat
- Fill out this Registration Form.
- Pay your tuition. Once you fill out the registration form, you will receive an email with payment information. You must pay a $500 deposit to secure your spot. Full payment is due at least one month before confirmed start date.
- Do not book travel yet. Once we confirm your registration, we will send you information about booking travel. We need at least 6 people to sign up for this retreat to make it happen, so spread the word.
- Get excited! This is going to be amazing!
We will do our best to accommodate all of your needs. It is more than just a Skill Share Retreat! We hope you will feel at home with us and with yourself.
Questions about our aerial retreats? Email us at SweetRetreatsDR@gmail.com.