Best Vacation ever!
There is something for everyone here!
Yoga, Circus, Surfing, Healthy Food, Ocean!
Personal Retreats are perfect for individuals, couples and groups of friends!
Enjoy a retreat where you can refresh, relax, learn new skills, eat healthy, delicious food, and experience nature at its best!
Come visit us in the ‘hidden port’ of Puerto Escondido, Mexico.
Choose your Dates for your Personal Retreat
Just let us know when you want to come, and we will do our best to accommodate you!
Upcoming Circus Fit Personal Retreats
July 14-21, 2018
Dec 10-17, 2018
Customize your retreat to fit your needs.
Our personal retreats include accommodations, farm to table meals, yoga, circus fitness classes, and offer many options to make the vacation that fulfills your desires. You will feel like you are visiting family and friends who care about you (because we do). Come on your own, with your partner, or grab a few friends and get ready for the best trip ever! Click here for family retreats.
Here are a few reasons why you might want to choose a personal retreat:
Experience a relaxing and energizing vacation without sacrificing your healthy habits and definitely gaining some new ones. Go home feeling better than when you came. Take the stress out of your vacation, and let us be your guides.
Don’t spend too much money. Our packages are cost effective and offer a variety of choices.
Feel great in your body! One movement class each day is included. Spend the rest of the days exploring nearby beaches, surfing, shopping, relaxing in a hammock, swimming in the pool, or mingling with other travelers.
Eat better than you do at home! Don’t waste your time searching for good food. We provide healthy and delicious meals to keep you feeling great, and are a healthy alternative to the local restaurants. We serve the freshest and best quality foods available from our organic garden and local farms.
Our extras and ad-ons are available to you any time. Learn aerial and circus acrobatics! Learn to surf, swim, boogie board, cook, garden, and nurture your body! Try aerial skills, handstands, and partner balance in our Monkey House Circus Gym. Get a massage or a nutritional consultation!
We truly love having you here. It is our pleasure to host you.
Whether you come alone or with friends and family, your Puerto Escondido Personal Sweet Retreat will be the best vacation you have ever taken.
Delicious and Healthy Meals
Breakfast and lunch are included in your retreat. The food will be grounding, nourishing and amazing! Our meal master, “Skillet,” presents healthy and delicious meals made with fresh, local ingredients. Most meals include eggs, chicken and/or fish, and vegetarian/vegan options are always available. We can accommodate most special dietary needs.
Our Personal Retreats are held at the Monkey House community complex a short walk from the beach. In addition to clean and safe accommodations, there is a swimming pool, an ocean view palapa practice space, the Monkey House Gym for aerial & acrobatics training, lots of grass and hammocks for relaxing between classes, and our Monkey House Kitchen and hang out space. It is awesome! Click here for details about the rooms.
Just outside our complex there are cafes, shops, local markets and the beach. The neighborhood, called La Punta, is small, quiet, and full of friendly people. Just a mile down the beach is Playa Zicatela where you can find bars, restaurants, open markets, nightlife, and plenty of surf shops to buy Mexican trinkets, beach garb, and anything else you might need. Puerto Escondido is a safe and welcoming town. For information about weather in Puerto Escondido, click here.
For information about booking your travel to Puerto Escondido, click here.
Prices for Personal Retreat Basic Package
Click here for descriptions of each room. Prices are listed in USD. Prices are subject to change based on availability and time of year.*-*
Rates for May-October
Single Occupancy (w shared or private bathroom) — $1600
Double Occupancy (2 people must sign up together) — $1300/person
Triple Occupancy (3 people must sign up together) — $1000/person
Rates for November-April
Single Occupancy (w shared or private bathroom) — $1900
Double Occupancy (2 people must sign up together) — $1600/person
Triple Occupancy (3 people must sign up together) — $1300/person
Price of our Personal Retreats include:
- Ground transportation from the Puerto Escondido Airport (PXM) to our accommodations
- Accommodations for 7 nights
- Breakfast and Lunch every day
- 3 Dinners at Casa Chango
- 1 Adult morning group class per day — Alternating days between Yoga and Circus Fit. You can add-on circus, aerial skills and acrobatics classes. See below. ***
- Children and family classes are available with family packages.
- Use of Swimming Pool, wi-fi, Hammocks, and Fitness/Yoga/Aerial Studio, boogie boards, snorkels and flippers.
- Movie night! Watch a movie in our private movie theater!
- Our recommendations for the best beaches, surf spots, restaurants, nature excursions, discos, markets, and places to meet new people.
- 101 of how to get around in Puerto Escondido
- Tour of our organic garden w Farmer Stu
- Family packages include children’s circus classes and/or swimming lessons. Click here for more info.
Add ons – the following services can be added on for an extra charge.
- Extra days/nights to your stay — prices prorated for additional days
- Extra group or private yoga, fitness, dance, or aerial/acrobatics classes $60/hour for privates, $30 for group classes
- Surf lessons — private and group rates available
- Spanish lessons
- Nutritional Counseling
- Lifestyle Counseling
- Personal Training / Home Exercise Routine Planning
- Evening trip to Phosphorescence Lagoon $20/person
- Ask about available nature excursions.
Deals and Discounts
- Groups of more than 5 people signing up together, the 6th person gets FREE tuition.
- Book your retreat between May 1-October 1 for a 10% discount.
- Family packages are available. Click here for family rates.
Email SweetRetreatsdr@gmail.com for more information.
How to Register for a Personal Retreat
- Fill out this registration form
- Pay your tuition. Once you fill out the registration form, you will receive an email with payment information. You must pay a $500 deposit to secure your spot. Full payment is due 1 month before retreat begins.
- Once we confirm your dates, book your travel. Click here for tips for booking your flight.
- Get excited! This is going to be amazing!
We will do our best to accommodate all of your needs. Feel free to email us at SweetRetreatsDR@gmail.com with any questions.
We are Kerri and Stuart, a Californian and an Ozzie, met when Kerri (aka Kerrisita) was running retreats and Stuart was managing an organic farm in the Caribbean. Our dreams and visions aligned, and soon after we found our home in Puerto Escondido. Kerri’s passions are in exercise, yoga, dance, circus arts, healing arts, nutrition, and personal freedom. Stuart’s heart is in organic farming, cooking (hence his nickname “Meal Master Skillet”), and photography. Kerri manages, and Stuart builds and fixes things. Together we love giving our guests a sweet and unforgettable experience. Come visit and get to know us!
What is the difference between a Personal Retreat and a Focused Sweet Retreat?
Personal Retreats are less expensive than Focused Sweet Retreats, and the instruction is more general.
Focused Sweet Retreats are more structured, have more classes, 3 meals a day, and more scheduled events within the retreat. Personal Retreats include 1 class each day, breakfast and lunch, and more free time to relax and explore the beaches, excursions, and shops in and around Puerto Escondido.
Groups tend to be smaller on Personal Retreats. If you are looking for a group experience, you may want to choose a Focused Sweet Retreat.
Focused Sweet Retreats are focused around the classes and are structured as intensive trainings in the subject matter of each retreat. Most Regular Sweet Retreats have a guest teacher who is a master in their specific field of study. Personal Retreats help you have a healthy and balanced vacation, teach you about health and fitness, and give you the opportunity to choose your daily activities. Most classes are taught by Kerri, and include general fitness, beginning aerial skills, yoga, core strength, handstands, creative movement, dance workouts, TRX, and booty shaking!
Because of the structure of Focused Sweet Retreats, a sense of family/community is created within the group of retreaters. Personal retreats may have less people and a lot more free/unstructured leisure time. Retreaters are more “on their own.” Personal retreats may be better suited for people who enjoy more alone time, solo adventures and to go out and meet new people.
Questions about our aerial retreats? Email us at SweetRetreatsDR@gmail.com.